In 2016, the Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL), one of the leading law schools in Russia, singled out her 85th birthday.
From 1931 to the present day, an enormous journey was made from the central pre-school educational institutions, which were turned into authoritative educational institutions, ready lawyers - the All-Union Law Institute (VYUZI), to the flagship of the national legal education. Today we have a lot of legal entities. Being a graduate of the University is not only honorable, but also authoritative.
MSAL is not just an educational institution, but a real Alma Mater for students. Students receive fundamental theoretical knowledge, practical skills and, equally important, the spirit of the profession. They bring up the moral qualities of real lawyers: dedication, ability to lead a discussion, love for people and their work. This approach allows you to bring up true professionals. Undoubtedly, this is the merit of the faculty of the University, its "golden fund".
Alexander Vorsuzy graduate of 1978, State Secretary, Deputy Head of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, Alexander Torshin, recalls his mentors with awe: “Our teachers did not only give knowledge. They instilled a taste for the legal profession. This is not a duty to the person. The approach was almost individual. When the professors came out, it was immediately clear that they were the inhabitants of heaven. Before you master! "
The university has prepared and graduated over 180,000 specialists with a higher legal education. The university is proud of its graduates, among whom there are many well-known, honored lawyers and outstanding scientists.
Academy of Sciences, winner of the Academy of Sciences, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, USSR State Prize winner, Vladimir Kudryavtsev, Professor Anatoly Hungarians, Mark Gurvich Boris Zdravomyslov, Yuri Kozlov, Pauline Lupinskaya Valentine Martem'yanov Stepan Mitrichev Vladimir Ryasentsev Valentina Tolkunova, Zinovy Chernilovsky Maria Shakaryan , Anton Vasiliev and other legal scholars.
Today, the University has 14 institutes, 3 branches, 31 departments. The University has more than 20 scientific schools and are available. The teaching staff includes over 890 teachers, including one corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, no less than 180 doctors and 520 candidates of science, 30 honored lawyers of the Russian Federation, 13 honored scientists of the Russian Federation, more than 70 honorary workers of higher professional education of the Russian Federation ,
The University enrolls at the same time about 13,000 students, enrolled over 400 graduate students and applicants, 350 foreign citizens. The process of teaching students in accordance with the requirements of the present time is in constant development.
The development of legal education is on the path of profiling. In this regard, in MSAL there are unique areas (corporate, competitive, sports law), new institutes in which students study (Institute of Business Law, Institute of Modern Applied Law, Institute of Forensic Examinations, etc.), which have no analog ones not only in our country.
There was a shortage of legal personnel in the country. Until that time, lawyers were trained by correspondence at the faculties of Soviet law, the largest of which was the faculty at Moscow State University (formed in 1927).
On March 21, 1931, at the board of the People's Commissariat of Justice of the RSFSR, it was decided to convert the former faculties of Soviet law into independent institutions.
June 1, 1931 adopted Regulations on the Moscow Institute of Soviet Law. The first director of the Moscow Institute of Soviet Law was appointed PI. A knock. At the same time, the board of the NCU RSFSR decided to organize correspondence courses on the training and retraining of lawyers.
The organization of legal institutions of higher education and the training of judicial personnel was examined at the 5th meeting of senior justice officials on July 18, 1931. The resolution adopted on it noted that “for the speedy preparation and retraining of personnel of workers of Soviet justice without interrupting them from direct practical work” should “be organized in the Moscow Institute of Soviet Law correspondence courses on legal education”.
December 26, 1931 The College of the NCLU of the RSFSR adopts the Regulation on correspondence education in accordance with Soviet law. In accordance with this document, the management of correspondence education was carried out by the Central correspondence courses of Soviet law, which were equated to the correspondence law college, and in a circular dated January 13, 1932, they were called the correspondence institute of Soviet law.
On October 21, 1933, the Collegium of the NCLU of the RSFSR transformed the Central Correspondence Courses of Soviet Law into the Central Correspondence Institute of Soviet Law (CSISP) with the status of a branch of correspondence education of the Department of Training and Retraining of the NCU RSFSR. The institute's task included training, retraining and advanced training in the form of correspondence education of judicial and prosecutorial employees, legal advisers and employees of economic and state institutions.
By the Decree of the CEC and the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR dated March 5, 1935 “On measures for the deployment and improvement of legal education”, the institutions of Soviet law that existed at that time were renamed legal institutions. The Central Correspondence Institute of Soviet Law became known as the Central Correspondence Law Institute (CICL).
Later, by the Ordinance of the NCLU of the RSFSR of July 3, 1936, legal institutions received the names of legal entities. The Central Correspondence Law Institute has become the Central Law Correspondence Institute (CUSI).
The Institute had 7 sectors in the territory of the RSFSR with 36 consultation points and 8 branches: in Kharkov, Minsk, Tiflis (Tbilisi), Baku, Yerevan, Tashkent, Stalinabad, Ashkhabad, i.e. actually became All-Union.
In accordance with the not designated for printing Resolution of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR No. 703 of April 29, 1937 “On the transfer of the Moscow, Leningrad and Kazan legal institutes and the Research Institute of Forensic Psychiatry to them under the jurisdiction of the People's Commissariat of the USSR. Professors of Serbian ”The Central Law Correspondence Institute received a new name, which bore 63 years - the All-Union Law Correspondence Institute (WUSI).
By a resolution of the College of the National Committee of the USSR Union of October 18, 1940, the All-Union Correspondence Law Academy was attached to the Institute. At the same time the scientific work really began. The first issue of the VYUZH Scientific Notes was published.
In accordance with the order of the Ministry of Higher Education of the USSR No. 421 dated May 18, 1956, an evening faculty was opened in Moscow at the Institute of Higher Education.
By 1960, VYUZI had 6 correspondence departments (Moscow, Kuibyshev (Samara), Krasnodar, Khabarovsk, Gorky (Nizhny Novgorod), Ivanovo) and 6 training and consulting centers (Orenburg, Kaliningrad, Magadan, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Ordzhonikidze (Vladikavkaz).
In 1987, O.E. For the first time in the Soviet practice of high school, Kutafin was elected Rector of the All-Ukrainian Union of Organizations at a meeting of the Academic Council (on an alternative basis).
February 10, 1988, according to the order of the USSR Ministry of Higher Education No. 98, full-time education was opened at the Institute of Higher Education
On September 26, 1990, on the basis of the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 974, the WUZI was transformed into the Moscow Institute of Law (MUI) (Order of the USSR State Committee of 10/17/1990 No. 660), since the full-time education did not correspond to the preservation of the word “correspondence” in the title.
On October 6, 1993, the Moscow Law Institute was renamed the Moscow State Law Academy (in accordance with the order of the State Committee on Higher Education of the Russian Federation No. 245 of October 6, 1993).
December 4, 2008 - O. E. Kutafin passed away.
On December 23, 2008, Presidential Decree No. 1814 “On the perpetuation of the memory of O. E. Kutafin” was adopted.
February 12, 2009 approved the Order of the Government of Moscow No. 206 RP. “On the appropriation of the Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL)”.
September 12, 2011 By order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia of May 16, 2011 No. 1625 State